Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Be Gentle

Happy Tuesday!

I hope that everyone is having another glorious day practicing the law.  As I was working at my desk today, I found myself growing frustrated.  Frustrated at what I was doing- frustrated at a lot.  I found my breath in that moment and also found a reminder of a yoga principle (yes, there are a lot of yoga principles that apply to the law lol):  Be Gentle.


"Gentleness means recognizing that the world around us is fragile, especially other people. It is recognizing our own capacity to do harm and choosing instead to be tender, soft-spoken, soft-hearted, and careful. When we are gentle we touch the world in ways that protect and preserve it.  Being gentle doesn't mean being weak; gentleness can be firm, even powerful. To behave in a gentle manner requires that we stay centered in our own values and strength -- that we are active rather than reactive. Coming from this center, a gentle word or touch can channel our energy into healing or making peace."


Whether trying a challenging new yoga position, attempting to find clarity while meditating, or trying to formulate a complex argument, sometimes things take time and sometimes things need to develop.  Its okay, such is life.  
Rather than being "reactive" to these dilemmas, we can choose to be fully present, "active", and welcome to whatever particular result may come in a particular moment.  If we choose to be open and "active", then our response to the situation, and the stress it causes, can be revolutionized.  

So think about it tomorrow when you're faced with that dilemma, and remember, BE GENTLE.....I mean.....be gentle.  

Until then,

Namaste & Much Love


No comments:

Post a Comment